Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Simple Things in Life ( My Thanksgiving Post)



You know those moments in your life that at the time dont seem very significant at all but looking back you realize those are the ones you remember because thats when you were the happiest? 
I have been thinking about those moments in my life lately and how they have shaped my life. 

They are simple things like running over barefoot to pop's house and him rubbing my little cold toes while we watch golf and eat croutons and drink juice, or when I was older going to visit him and talking about my future and how he knew it would be amazing- even when I wasnt so sure. I will always remember those times I had with him. He showed me what it truly meant to be faithful and strong in your testimony until the very end.



Those moments when you go pick up your best friend from school and it is like you were never apart even tough you haven't seen each other in months. Or spending your summer with your best friend just sitting on the couch watching scrubs and listening to Joshua Radin. 


And then there are those moments with the ones who know and love you best. Whether its sitting on a bench eating ice cream in Disneyland, a car ride spent laughing hysterically with your mom and sisters and everything, the "underwear" incident.., the van that wouldnt let us out, or even having a "tramtasticday". These memories are ones that I will never forget. All of these things that have happened in my life have made me a happier, stronger, kinder, braver, and more spiritual person and I am grateful for that. My thanksgiving was spent thinking about the simple moments in my life and how I am grateful for every one of them. 


2 comments:

  1. I Love this post! You are so awesome and I am very proud of you! You are correct, it is the little things that are everyday stuff that can mean the most!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and I love reading your blog. You're an amazing person and I'm so blessed to have you a a daughter. Thanks for being who you are...so, so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete